Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One Word: Artist

Weekend project....

My supervisor from my internship gave me these canvasses (they are pretty large), and they were painted with blue and green stripes. So Sam and I spent most of Saturday painting.... first a layer of Gesso (canvas primer or something really cool like that) and then painted this picture...

Important note: Sam was pretty worried about the outcome of the tree. So we looked up youtube videos of "how to paint a tree" except, I think those only further intimidated him. Luckily, I knew what I was doing (more like my brother did) and the tree turned out pretty well....


I think we might write a verse from Lamentations on it....

3 comments:

Annie said...

Okay so your title made me laugh, out loud, because all I could think about was when we were playing that game on vacation, and we weren't suppose to use words, and Ab did...and all she said was artist (try to read that sentence in one breath...haha).

Maggie Browning said...

perfect....! that was the memory i was shooting for :)

Annie said...

haha...oh yes! It still makes me laugh! :)