My mom and I just made the most wonderful meal known to mankind.
Mother made the manicotti shells stuffed with ricotta cheese and dried spinach. I made the marinara sauce from scratch using tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, spices, and white wine. Then we baked the manicotti and covered it with fresh parmesian cheese! It was divine....
Here is the recipe for the marinara sauce. My mom found it on AllRecipes.com
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.