Saturday, August 30, 2008

Italy Bound

Im packed for the most part. I never would have thought that everything I would need for 4 months would fit in just two suitcases. I even have a little bit of space left for who knows what....

Less than 24 hours until my plane departs from Kansas City and takes me with it. I have just a few hours to soak up this American lifestyle until Christmas.

Things I am excited about:
-Experiencing Italy and not being a tourist
-Seeing where the church spread and where Christianity grew
-Marveling at the Colisseum
-Visiting Ireland where some of my ancestors came from
-Studying history where the events took place
-Slower paced lifestyle
-Sezzie coming to visit
Things I am worried about:
-Lack of language skills
-Adjusting to the culture
-Flight
-My really small school and program
-Getting lost......
-Missing family and friends

I think that this will be an experience of a lifetime, and I am so excited to see all that the Lord has in store for me while I am there.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Maggie, I am pretty sure you have arrived there! I miss you lots, but I hope that you are having a blast.