Monday, May 3, 2010

Nearing the End

My internship hours are almost completed. My presentation has been presented. My portfolio only needs tweaked. My paper is accomplished.

Class today consisted of everyone presenting their internship experience and their accomplishments from the semester. I was really encouraged by the way that the 30 of us were able to impact the Manhattan community. Its fun to finish this semester with people who are also incredibly passionate about people and genuinely want to help others.

Pictures from my internship

These are some of the donations that we have received for our Mommy Store.



Above is a photo of the after school program in Wamego. These kids were a lot of fun to work with!

We also threw a baby shower for one of the ladies in our Teen Parents program. She is expecting in June, and I am making plans to visit her and her "daughter" at the end of June!

No comments: