Monday, September 28, 2009

goodness

There are times when Im incredibly blessed and allowed to see a snapshot of God's complete goodness. In Italy, this happened practically daily. My favorite moments were those when Lauren and I would look at each other and simultaneously say/think "There is no other place I would rather be, and no other people I would rather be with." I've caught myself lately, missing Italy, the people, and the slow-paced life.

Kamp also brought out some of those moments. I remember one evening in particular when Meg, Dave, Dan, and I were in charge of making the burgers for the new one-week kampers. We spent a couple hours driving around kamp in the truck, grilling burgers, drinking Gatorade, taking goofy pictures, and sticking gummy worms up our noses. I told Meg the same thing...."There is no other place I would rather be, and no other people I would rather be with..."

While God continues to bless me with those moments this semester, they tend to be fewer and farther between. Our fast-paced society tends to sweep us up with it. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the instances this semester that make me stop and think, "There's no other place I would rather be, no one I'd rather be with...."

2 comments:

Libby said...

Maggie that was deep! I noticed you changed you pictures and I like the one where you are wearing the banana shirt and looking quite dead. Anyway, I really liked that...idk why...i just did

Larissa said...

Even if this weekend I was sick, I was thinking there is no one I would rather be with sick or not...love you.