Friday, October 24, 2008

Luck of the Irish

Its a Disney Channel Original Movie (aka DCOM), so I figured it would be an appropriate title.

So, I am about to fly out of Italy to go to Ireland for five days!!! Needless to say, Im just a bit excited. After Ireland, we are then going to head to Spain and hit up Barcelona and perhaps do some extra traveling in the South. As awsome as Spain will be, I am much more excited about Ireland! The country-side is absolutely gorgeous, and I hope to take a train ride to the west side of Ireland while I am there. I am going with three other girls in my program (Melissa, Katy, and Lauren) and two guys. One goes to my school (Rich) and his friend who flew here from Utah to hang out with us. We are planning on going to the Guiness factory; Rich cant wait...and then Im stoked cause my first beer EVER will be one on tap in an actual Irish pub!! Although, I know for a fact that I will most likely hate it.

Last semester for my American Ethnic Studies class, I had to write a paper about my heredity. I found out that I am part Irish, Dutch, and German. My grandma has quite a bit of information about her great grandfather who came directly from Ireland, so I think it will be so cool to see where my relatives originated.

Ireland will also be a unique experience because for the last two months I have not been able to communicate effectively with the locals as well as I would like. I think it might be really weird to be able to eavesdrop on other people and to say exactly what I want to with no hindrances! And the accents won't be bad either........ :o)

My roommates and I might have to watch P.S. I love you before we head out! My mom and I watched it right before we left, and afterwards I asked her, "Remind me again why Im going to Italy and not Ireland."

O! And Im real excited to meet up with my friend Becca as well. She is studying abroad in Florence, but I havent seen her yet since we've been here. We both are going to Ireland (with separate people) the same time for our fall break, and she found a theater that is showing High School Musical three!! Needless to say, I am STOKED cause it will be in English!

Be on the lookout for more Irish blogs and pictures! I will be filling you in soon......

2 comments:

Larissa said...

OH MY GOSH!! Maggie, I can't wait till you see HSM3!!! It was a-mazing....well, except for a list of things Jannell would change! But I can't wait to hear all about Ireland!!!

Larissa said...

I am commenting again as well. Update your blog! oH currently I am sitting in my sister's living room on Halloween, watching old episodes of Home Improvement.